National Visa Center

The National Visa Center – When an applicant for an immigration benefit lives overseas, they will most likely need a visa to travel to the United States after their application has been processed. Once the USCIS processes the application, it will be forward to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC is responsible for the further processing of the application and for scheduling a consular interview for the foreign national to receive their visa.

What Happens Once My Application is Sent to the National Visa Center?

Once the application is received by the National Visa Center, they will send the applicant a packet containing a list of all the supporting documentation which must be provided in order to complete the processing of their application, along with an invoice for the visa application fees. Once an interview date is available, the applicant will be provided with a scheduling notice for their appointment. The applicant’s appointment will take place at their country’s nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

What Does a Visa Number Mean?

Keep in mind that simply because a petition has been approved by the USCIS, this does not mean that a visa has been made immediately available to you. The NVC will assign a visa number to each application it receives from the USCIS after approval. Once a visa number has been assigned to an applicant’s case, this means that a visa has been made available and that the applicant can pursue their green card as the process continues.

Consider scheduling a consultation with an immigration lawyer at Gilles Law, PLLC. You can reach us at 980-272-8438 at our office in Uptown Charlotte. We are here to assist with your inquiries.

This Blog/Web Site is made available by Gilles Law, PLLC , a Charlotte-based law firm, for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site, you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog/Web Site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.