E5 Visa Investor Visa

E5 Immigrant Investor Visas – There are five preference categories for employment-based visas and every fiscal year, around 140,000 of these visas are issued to individuals seeking to enter the U.S.  on an employment-based immigrant visa. Of the 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas issued per year, about 1,000 of these visas are saved for immigrant investors.

What Qualifies Someone as an Immigrant Investor?

To be considered an immigrant investor, an individual should invest the following minimum dollars amounts into a qualifying business:

  • At least $1,000,000.00; or
  • At least $500,000 in a rural area with a high level of unemployment, or what is to be considered a targeted employment area.

Why Does this Visa Exist?

Simply put, the E5 Visa creates opportunity for both the foreign national investor and for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and individuals who are authorizedto work in the United States. In order to be considered a qualifying investment, within two years, the investment must create full-time jobs for a minimum of ten U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or foreign nationals who have work authorization.

Steps to Apply for an E5 Investor Visa

The applicant should complete and submit Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneurwith the USCIS. No labor certification is required for E5 applicants. An applicant should have a valid passport, two recently-taken passport style photos, a recently conducted medical exam, and other documentation their immigration attorney wants to include in their application.

Consider setting up a consult with an immigration lawyer at Gilles Law, PLLC. You can reach us at 980-272-8438 at our office in Uptown Charlotte. We are here to assist with your inquiries.

This Blog/Web Site is made available by Gilles Law, PLLC , a Charlotte-based law firm, for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site, you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog/Web Site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.