E4 Visa

This blog will cover the E4 visa for special immigrants. Every fiscal year, about 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to individuals who qualify under one of the five available preference categories. This entry discusses the fourth preference category of special immigrantvisas.

What is a Special Immigrant Visa?

The special immigrant visa is an immigrant visa which allows its holder to travel to the U.S. and eventually seek their green card after meeting residency requirements. According to the USCIS website, the individuals who qualify under this fourth preference category are:

  • Religious Workers
  • Special Immigrant Juveniles
  • Broadcasters
  • G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 Employees and Their Family Members
  • International Employees of the U.S. Government Abroad
  • Armed Forces Members
  • Panama Canal Zone Employees
  • Certain Physicians
  • Afghan and Iraqi Translators
  • Afghan and Iraqi Nationals Who Have Provided Faith Service in Support of U.S. Operations

How Does Someone Apply for an E4 Visa?

If you or your employer believes that you qualify under the fourth preference category for an EB visa, your employer should complete and file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant with the USCIS.

Can I Bring My Family on an E4 Visa?

Immediate family members of the E4 applicant may be eligible to accompany the applicant to the United States under a derivative visa status. Consider setting up a consult with an immigration lawyer at Gilles Law, PLLC. You can reach us at 980-272-8438 at our office in Uptown Charlotte. We are here to assist with your inquiries.

This Blog/Web Site is made available by Gilles Law, PLLC , a Charlotte-based law firm, for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site, you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog/Web Site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.